First Light on South St.
- Paul Turano |
- 2013 |
- 11.5 minutes |
- COLOR |
Rental Format(s): 16mm
The first weeks with our newborn twins, getting used to waking up early, the new sounds in the house, imagining the world through their eyes. Prompted by Bartók#s études -- Mikrokosmos, book 1. This is the third installment in a series of films that explore the structures and strategies of short musical forms from the late 19th and early 20th century as inspirations for the cinematic treatment of personal experiences.
- Aesthetica Short Film Festival, Aesthetica Art & Culture Magazine Competition, York, England, November 2014
- Haverhill Experimental Film Festival, Haverhill MA, June 2014
- Athens International Film and Video Festival, Athena Cinema, Athens Ohio, April 2014
- Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival, Tower Mill Theatre, Harwick Scotland, April 2014
- Xubdued Light, Montserrat College of Art and Design, Programmed by Ethan Berry, June 2015
- Basic Effects, Curated by Joseph Steele, VES, Harvard Film Archive, November 2015