An extensive interview with me can be found in Scott MacDonald's book A Critical Cinema 5, Univ. of California Press, 2006.
Extended writings on some of the films may be found in the following books published since 2000:
- Eyes Upside Down, P. Adams Sitney, Oxford Univ. Press, 2008.
- Visionery Film, 3rd Edition, P. Adams Sitney, Oxford Univ. Press, 2002.
- Masterpieces of Modernist Cinema, ("Gehr's Still", Gilberto Perez), editor: Ted Perry, Indiana Univ. Press, 2006.
- Shadows, Specters, Shards - Making History in Avant-Garde Film, Jeffrey Skoller, Univ. of Minnesota Press, 2005.
- The Garden in the Machine, Scott MacDonald, Univ. of California Press, 2001.
If you would like a photocopy of two monograms long out of print (Films of Ernie Gehr, San Francisco Cinematheque, 1993 - with writings by Tom Gunning, Daniel Eisenberg, Susan Thackrey, and Robert Becklen; Ernie Gehr, Walter McBean Gallery, 1995 - with an essay by J. Hoberman); as well as a photocopy of a couple of other hard to locate articles (such as Noel Carroll's "Philosophizing Through the Moving Image: The Case of Serene Velocity"), please send an 8 1/2" X 11" self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage for 9 ounces to Ernie Gehr, 11 2nd Place, Brooklyn, NY 11231.
On the Internet you may also want to check http://www.fredcamper.com.
The digital work I have been creating since 2000 will eventually be available on DVD. In the meantime, they are available only when I am invited to present them. For personal lecture/presentations (of film and/or digital work), as well as print sales and other inquiries, please contact me directly. Thank you. - Ernie Gehr, April, 2010.